Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vogue 1027 again...

Y'all may recall that I sewed Simplicity 1880 with plans to wear it to the wedding. The day before the wedding, I realized that since we would be spending a lot of time driving to and from the wedding itself (in Manti) and the reception (in Provo) and the rayon of that dress would be a wrinkled mess by the end of the day. So, with less that 24 hours to go, I decided to make a new dress. Because I'm insane.
But it's a good insane. Thanks to an already tested, fabulous pattern, I managed to sew up a new dress in about 3 hours total.
The pattern I used is Vogue 1027, which I made a couple of weeks ago. I love the first version so much that I literally wear it at least once a week.
The fabric is an ITY from FabricMart that I bought specifically for this pattern. Conveniently, it also has some purple in the print, which is one of the bride's colors.
While I really loved the fit on the first version, the binding on the sleeve is a little snug, so this time I just hemmed the sleeve as per the pattern. The bound neckline is the best thing ever though, so I didn't change a thing about that. I seriously love everything about this pattern and I'm definitely going to be making more. In fact, after I finished this version, I saw that Cindy had pinned this on Pinterest.
I think I need some striped jersey...

13 comments:

Kyle said...

I am impressed, as always, by your speed and the quality of your garments. Great job!

Cennetta said...

This was a great choice for the drive and wedding. You are beautiful in this figure flattering dress. The color suits you. And you arrived wrinkle free. You can't beat that. ;-)

Beth said...

Love, love, love this dress. Yeah for repeats!

Lynneb said...

Lovely dress once again Kate. I agree...that stripy version is awesome!

Unknown said...

I tried to find your email address or something, but I couldn't. So this comment will have to do.

I just wanted to say thank you for listing me as a "Blog You Love". It is the sweetest kind of compliment.

Also, I am totally impressed with your lovely last minute dress. It fits you perfectly. :)

gwensews said...

You have not one but two new, beautiful dresses. You were really cutting your time short on that last one though. You are brave! The wedding dress was beautiful as was the bride. And, Myra's MinnineMouse dress is adorable.

Marjie said...

The bride was beautiful, and so were you. It was thoughtful of you to wear one of her colors to a beautiful wedding. Breanna and Steven both look delighted on their special day (in a really pretty setting).

Unknown said...

This dress is wonderful! Well done on the fast-action sewing :-) Purple is one of my favourite colours, and the print makes this dress even more stunning.

Elizabeth Made This said...

This is a such a great print on you!

Cindy said...

This dress (and the solid one) look fabulous! Can't wait to see a striped dress from you.;)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oh goodness, this would look so cute in a stripe. Love this pattern on you!

Joy said...

Lovely! A striped version would be very neat.

MushyWear said...

What a perfect dress! Wrinkle free and beautiful. Yes, you definitely a striped one as well.