Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby boy's Easter: Help me choose!

I've been trying to decide what to do for Easter for Duncan. I have this vision of a man style outfit, and some pinstripe suiting to make it happen. What I can't decide is vest and pants vs. suit.
My initial vision was a vest and pants in the pinstripe, with a men style shirt in a saturated color - dark blue, burgandy, kelly green . I love the vest from this Burda pattern. The bow tie is also pretty darn adorable. I'd probably go with a more traditional shirt with a typical collar, rather than the wide collar in the Burda pattern.

Then I was surfing the Ottobre website, to see if there was a little man vest in a back issue I didn't already own. To my surprise, in the 10 years Otto has been publishing, they have not published a suit style baby boy vest! I was shocked! But they did have this...
I die. Seriously, y'all! Have you ever seen anything as cute as this little linen baby boy suit??? Adorable. And can you imagine it in black with pinstripes?? The wide lapels just scream zoot suit to me. I wonder if I can find a fedora in a size 18 month...

So, what do y'all think? Vest? Suit? Katie, you are talking crazy, don't dress that baby like a gangster? What would you do?

10 comments:

Tanit-Isis said...

Ok, I would totally dress my baby boy like a gangster (as opposed to a gangsta ;) ) if I had one. As it is I picked up an old Vogue boys' suit pattern at the thrift store the other week, just because it was too cute to pass up (it's a size 7/8 or I'd send it to you).

So, er, I'd lean towards the full suit, just cuz CUTE!!!! ... but it might be a bit overkill. ;)

Sarahbelle said...

Vest and pants. Not necessarily the pants pictured in B 9732 with the cute vest -- but vest and pants.

KID, MD said...

Baby gangsta! Hahahah! I'm imagining some oversize jeans hanging off his diaper. So funny!!

Elizabeth Made This said...

I'm sorry, but I have to collect myself after my jaw dropped with the little suit and the stripes. It's absurdly adorable. I went to a wedding of friends several years ago and they had friends there whose youngest (about 2 at the time) was in this sweet little linen suit. He was such a treasure in that suit.

Could you just use a jacket pattern minus the sleeves?

Anonymous said...

I think my preference would be for a vest and pants suit. I think Duncan might feel more comfortable and not too cluttered up. There'll be plenty of time to dress him in a suit when he starts passing sacrament.
Brenda in the Boro UK

Marjie said...

I think Duncan's so little that the vest and pants would be a better route. Save the suit until he's a touch over 2. It will be adorable, I promise.

My mother in law bought matching medium blue blazers in sizes 2T, 3T and 4T for my 3 oldest boys about a million years ago. They were just adorable in those with dark blue cords and white shirts. They were, of course, 2, 3 and 4 years old. Ah, that's so long ago (sigh).

Cindy said...

The suit, the suit!:)

Angela said...

Hello I haven't commented before, but clicked over from from another site. Your little boy will be gorgeous in either of these, though I'd probably pick a vest. I've made an Ottobre vest version quite a few times, it's in the Summer '09 issue and looks very like the Burda Pattern above.Looking forward to seeing what you make.
Angela

Lori said...

I vote vest and pants for Duncan, little boys are just so cute in their Easter finest. Can't wait to see pictures

BConky said...

Both cute. But I just love the look of that suit.