Monday, December 5, 2011

Twirly, sparkly and pink

I'm still feeling a little scattered sewing-wise. I've pulled dozens of patterns and pieces of fabric, only to put them all back because I just can't seem to make a decision. Nothing seemed just right, until I spotted this remnant of embroidered batiste that my Mom sent me.
Isn't it fabulous??  Mom used it to make this skirt, and then sent me what was left.
There were only a few small rectangles of fabric, but it was just enough for a twirly skirt for Myra.
For some OTT girliness, I added a ruffled underskirt. Pink of course, made from some hot pink voile I got in a mystery bundle from Fabric Mart.
I didn't use a pattern - it's just rectangles sewn together and gathered a bit, but this tutorial will give you a similar effect.
Happy Twirling!

3 comments:

Marjie said...

Myra looks so happy! There's nothing quite like twirly girliness! I loved making my girls twirly skirts when they were little, too.

Witch Hazel said...

So cute! What little girl doesn't love a pretty twirly skirt? She looks thrilled! :)

TaylaTrefl said...

That was so fabulous! Thank you so much for the idea.

High End Childrens Clothing