Sunday, August 8, 2010

Simplicity 5695 again...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this pattern??
It is Simplicity 5695.  I think this is the sixth time I've used it, making everything from knit tee shirts to a flower girl dress.  If you sew for a little girl, you should have this pattern.  Simplicity also just expanded the size range to include bigger girls from size 3 to 8.  The larger size pattern is number 2377 and includes some cute sleeve variations as well.  Myra is sporting a size 2 here, and I think it gives her a little room to grow, which is good, since she's been busily growing out of all her dresses!
I was planning to sew this dress with my sewing group, but the fabric was sitting on my table just calling to me, so I had to sew it.  I think it will be easier to teach pattern layout without the added complexity of multiple fabrics anyway, so I'm telling myself that it's better this way.  And I have an excuse to sew it again!  I love this pattern.

15 comments:

Karin van D. said...

I can imagine you love that pattern, the dress looks very cute. I love the fabric(s?) you used for it, so colourful. Fun!

Sam Rose said...

That is a really summer-y dress. Very pretty. I was looking at the Cars dress you made with this patter (is that it in the background?) and noticed that the beige cars fabric you used is the same one I have saved for a shirt for Alex. Once again I miss the Wal-mart fabric department. :(

Michelle said...

Super cute!! I wish I had a little girl to sew for, you just can't do those cute fabric combinations for boys! I'll have to talk to my brother about getting me a niece....

Pam said...

That is a simply adorable dress - you can make it 1000X and I would still love to see all the iterations!

samantha said...

Cute !

Beth said...

Darling! I never thought of sewing a t-shirt with this pattern, thanks for the idea!

Kitschy Coo said...

Who is this child you're passing off as Myra? Far. Too. Grown. Up. Other than that, cute dress:)

SEWN said...

Gorgeous dress! I love your fabric choices. Uber cute.

Diana said...

So cute as are your children. I'm going to note this pattern so i can make it for my DD's

Kathi said...

I do believe this is the cutest picture yet!! She is adorable!!

amber said...

Super cute! She looks thrilled with it. :) You know, I think I might have bought the sz3-8 version during the last pattern sale. It's a really cute design.

Sue said...

Great dress and your little girl looks so happy in her new dress!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Love your print/fabric combo! Little kids can get away with so much more fun than we can.

BConky said...

Just love the little dress. The fabrics are so bright and cute.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I didn't recognize Myra - she's growing up so fast! Cute dress too!