Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monthly Roundup - May 2010

Whew!  May was a bit crazy around here!  I'm a bit glad that it is over.  Despite all of the great inspiration I was getting from the Me Made May flickr pool, my mojo took a total nose dive this month.  Witness?  The totals for the month.  I made:

1) Simplicity 2609 skirt for me
2) Butterick 5284 blouse for me
3) Kwik Sew 2881 top for Mitch
4) Lace-up dress as a gift
5) Jalie 2794 top as a gift
6) Kwik Sew Easy Sewing PJ pant for me
7) BWOF 02/2009-117 capri for me
8) Butterick 3344 top for me
9) Kwik Sew 2881 shorts for Mitch, although I have 2 more pair of these cut out...

Yes, that's right folks.  Only 9 items sewn this month.  That's a bit less than my usual baker's dozen, although considering how little it felt like I've been sewing this month, it's better than I thought.  Most of the items were for me (5), with two for Mitch and two gifts.  I sewed 11.25 yards, but only 4.75 of those were from my stash.  We won't talk about the fabric I bought.  I was definitely at a positive balance this month...

I can't even report any new techniques this month - blah.  I did at least sew a burda magazine pattern, and I am working on sewing more coordinated wardrobe, in fact, I made 3 of the items from my summer 6PAC!  I'm going to continue sewing with the 6PAC plan and also try to fill a few more wardrobe holes, and rescue a few orphans from the closet.  There might be a surprise or two coming in the next month or so.  Stay tuned...

Me Made May was really fun, although I admit that there are a few RTW items that I am really looking forward to wearing again.  It was more of a challenge than I thought it would be to dress in entirely Me Made clothing for a full month, but I managed it!  I am happy to say that while I did repeat some individual pieces (I'm looking at you, Jalie jeans!!), I did not repeat any outfits for the entire month.  How fun is that?  I definitely am feeling the wardrobe holes, but also got a feel for what items I really wear, which I think will really help direct future sewing.  It was all in all a great exercise.  I'm really grateful to Zoe for hosting it and all of the wonderful ladies who contributed.  Now, I need to get back to my machines!!!  Ladies, any help for my flagging mojo??

5 comments:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Ooh, I bet a swimsuit would really get your creative juices flowing, huh?

auntninn said...

Hmm...to get the mojo back. How about using the philosophy of "Open That Bottle Night", created by the former wine writers at the WSJ. That's where you take the bottle of wine that you've been saving for just the right occasion and just open it and enjoy it.

So how about pick the prettiest piece of fabric you've been hoarding and just sew it up into something?

michal said...

Hi!
I a following your blog and I love it! I like the way you keep notes of how much you sew. how many yards and how much from your stash. Nice. I would have adopted this method, but I'm afraid of what I'll hav to face :-)
I wish I sewed that much (and this nice!)

Pam said...

You've done such a wonderful job with your outfits and sewing for the month!! So impressed and earth friendly! Great job!!

amber said...

I think you've still sewn more in one month than I've sewn in several months. Heh. :)