Saturday, December 12, 2009

Your favorite?

Have you seen this cool post by Lindsay T?  What a fun idea to look over all of the things you've sewn over the past year and pick a favorite!  I had a difficult time decided which one to post!  I've had so much fun and learned so much about sewing this year.  It was really hard to choose, although it was so fun to look over my older blog posts and reminisce (sometimes with horror!) over the things that I have made.  I decided to only consider things that I have made for myself, mostly because that narrowed the playing field, but also because I can't assess how the kids and Mitch feel about the things I have made them with real accuracy, but I know exactly how I feel about the things I made myself!  My final decision was based on what item I reach for in my closet the most.  The winner?

My McCall's 5592 jeans.  I love them.  I wear them at least twice a week.  I'm wearing them right now!  Why did it take me so long to make my own jeans?  These fit me better than any RTW jean I have ever owned.  I really need to make another pair.

So, what is your favorite thing that you have made this year?  Hop over to Lindsay T's blog and add it to the list!  Isn't this fun?!  Oh, and if you happen to have an opinion about the things that I have made this year, please share.  I'd love to hear!!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Those jeans ARE fantastic!
Any helpful tips for sewing your own jeans?

Beangirl said...

Well, I definitely think these jeans are a good choice! They are really great.

Pam said...

I'm a jeans nut - and these are fantastic on you!! Great choice!!

gwensews said...

I love those jeans. They look terrific on you. I intend to make that pattern, but I'm much older and heavier than you, so I won't get the same effect. Still, a girl needs jeans!

Michelle said...

Very nice pants! I think my favorite think I have made this year are my uptown downtown knit dresses from hot patterns. I wear them CONSTANTLY.