Monday, September 28, 2009

Mini Mod dress!

I finally got to make my Kitschy Coo Mini Mod dress!! Ever since I got this pattern, I have been dreaming of this dress. I found the perfect fabrics, got them all cut out, then there was all this white satin I had to deal with first, so I had to put this little cutie on the back burner.
I LOVE this dress! The pattern is superb. It was unbelievably well drafted. Everything fit together exactly. The instructions were phenomenal. Full color picture tutorials printed on cardstock. Beautiful! Not to mention that this is the cutest dress ever!! I made my version out of a cotton/linen blend from Fashion Fabrics Club, with Free Spirit's Mushroom Friends for the inner pleat.
I love this fabric!

The instructions for this pattern were excellent, but I admit, I did stray just a bit. I wanted this dress to have a slightly more polished look, since I think Myra may wear it to the wedding, so I didn't want to topstitch the facings down.
Instead, I understitched the facings, then catchstitched them to the seam allowances at the shoulder and underarm seams. The linen fabric was quite loosely woven, so I also interfaced the facings so that they wouldn't stretch out of shape.
I think this little mushroom button on the back is my favorite part.
Parting Shot:

5 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Great job! So happy that you like the pattern :) And that mushroom fabric is delicious!

Michelle said...

That is so cute! That mushroom fabric is just adorable!!

Trudy said...

Oh my gosh! Your little girl is just too adorable! The dress is beautiful.

gwensews said...

What a sweet little dress! Love those shoes! You are teaching your little girl to love accessories and clothes. Very smart of you!

Weaveron Textile said...

Fabric consumption is increasing in everyday life which is why I love fabric...to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.