Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The dress - Petticoat supplies

I have to say that Hancock's is really coming through for me in regards to coordinating their sales with my needs in regards to making this dress! Vogue patterns and McCall's patterns were on sale this weekend, as were notions and the net that I need for the petticoat. On Thursday a new sale begins and all of the special occasion fabrics (satin, taffeta and organza!) are all 30% off. Sweet! So, I picked up the net and the McCall's petticoat pattern while they were still on sale.
I'll head back this weekend for everything else. When I got the pattern home, of course, I pulled it out to see what I was getting myself into. That envelope is really fat. There are a LOT of pattern pieces and 8 PAGES of instructions!!! I was so relieved to see that the petticoat instructions started on page 7! This looks like a very simple design, although there is a lot of gathering. The waistband is a knit, and I have a length of white rib knit in my stash that should be perfect, and comfy. I can't decide if I want to start cutting out what I have, or wait until Thursday and do it all together. I do have a wee red pirate coat that needs finishing, so I may take a break from the bridal mania and finish Lily's coat.

2 comments:

Varina said...

I thought you already made the sloper for that skirt, how are you just getting the pattern?

KID, MD said...

I did. This is the pattern for the petticoat to go under the skirt.