Saturday, September 5, 2009

THE dress - Muslin part 1

Well, the pattern is in hand and I found some truly hideous fabric that will be perfect for my muslin/toile/sloper (whatever you want to call it - going forward, I'll be using "muslin"). I also picked up some satin, organza and tulle. All that is available locally is icky polyester, but I am planning to put together a few swatches of edge finishes to show Kali, so that she can choose the fabric and finish that she wants for the overskirt and veil.
For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to prewash this fabric. I'm not sure why, since it is unlikely to ever be laundered again. When it came out of the wash, Myra thought it was just perfect for a little nest.
Then I had to iron 8 yards of twisted up cotton. That was fun... Now I have to find a place to lay this baby out. I'm thinking I may go to the church and use the stage. It is the perfect height and I can lay out the entire length. We still have a few details to iron out, but I think we are off to a good start!!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That looks like perfect muslin fabric! I can't imagine having to work with so much. Good luck!