Monday, September 7, 2009

The dress - fitting


Fitting the bodice
Originally uploaded by kid_md
This weekend Kali was able to come up to Temple for our first fitting. Mom sent her the bodice and I had the skirt ready, so we fit both. The skirt is pretty straightforward, so I didn't take any pictures. I had to take it in a couple of inches in the waist, since Kali is quite slim. The bodice needed considerably more work, since the pattern that Mom is using was originally cut to fit me and she raised the neckline and extended the armscye to accommodate a temple wedding. The picture shows the bodice front and back after fitting on the top and before on the bottom. The fit actually wasn't bad to begin with, but I refined it a little. Kali is a little smaller on her left than on her right, so more adjustment was needed on that side. I also refined the shape of the neckline. The back was great as it was.

Next up - the REAL fabric...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That dress is gorgeous! It will look great when your done.